Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pleasing man or God?

Mistakes... Some people cant accept our mistakes and some do... Are we all not human? Are we all not perfect? What is there to judge? Who are we when we judge others?

We may at times do better then others in a certain area. But does it give us the right over proud of ourselves or look down on others. No! We can be proud of our achievement but we must be humble to teach, and receive feedback. I too have been over proud of my own achievements that I forgot to give thanks to the one who gave me the ability to do it, and thinking it was my own works. I was humbled by God, He reminded me through my recent job experience.






James 4:6
New International Version (NIV) 

6 But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:
“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”


God made me realise my mistake and my response is to repent from having such proud thoughts of myself. It was an humbling experience for me. BECAUSE almost everything I do turns out wrong. I just did what I thought it was right. End up I was digging my own grave. Because all the things I did, I did not glorify God but instead glorified man.. This experience taught me a lot about setting expectations for yourself and others at the same time remember who to glorify in the end.

We aren't prefect but people expect us to be prefect. I did crossed the line between pleasing God and pleasing man... As the recent job goes, I discover my DARK side. God literary spoke to me through the scriptures in the bible! More of a website bible, which I stumble upon while searching for scriptures.








Galatians 1:10
English Standard Version (ESV)
10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.



This verse spoke to me.. Who am I trying to please? Man or God? God used my wife to tell me this as well. As I tell her my working day she would feel that I was treated unfairly.. And she realise that I was trying to meet my their expectations instead of God's. We can never please man, the fact is man will not always appreciate the works you do or even recognize your works! They do not understand you for who you are.

Romans 12:1-2
English Standard Version (ESV)
A Living Sacrifice
12 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Our God is a God that knows our limit and he knows our capabilities. Which makes him the most understanding friend and father to us, because he made us! So maybe God's expectation is high and almost impossible to achieve due to the fact we are imperfect but the thing is he wont punish us when we fail because we have Jesus Christ on our side and he loves us too. When we fall he knows how to pick us up, encourage us, reminds us, and guide us, what our response should be is trusting in him! Jesus Christ was crucified and died for our sins, whose blood wasted away our sins and made us prefect in God's eyes. I pray that as you read you will be touched by God. Knowing that he is the only one that can provide peace and joy. He is my God, my redeemer and saviour Jesus Christ! Amen...


Philippians 4:13

New King James Version (NKJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

No comments: